Book Readings and Signings — Caroline H. Eklund, “The Secrets of the Sacred Bluestone,” and Tom Aish, “Girl and Lions,” 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Hooked on Books, 12 E. Bijou St.; 419-7660.
Virtual Write Brain: Editing 101 — Hosted by Pikes Peak Writers, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday; tinyurl.com/sbu53k2s.
Pikes Peak Library District’s Summer Adventure — Through Aug. 14 kids and teens up to age of 18 can participate and win prizes through reading, moving and imagining. For information or to register, go to ppld.org/summer-adventure.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
Recent regional author offerings:
• ”Howie Kazowie” by Ann Marie Schade. Published by Dorrance Publishing Co. Summary: The story of a silly, unique dog who is half beagle and half basset, which means he is half crazy and half lazy! This silly and fun rhyming tale shows how stubborn he can be and his funny faces, which are sure to put a smile on yours.
Children’s Literacy Center — Training provided; 471-8672, childrensliteracycenter.org.
All Pikes Peak District Library branches now have almost all services, resources and spaces available again. Face coverings are optional inside all of the branches, but strongly encouraged for those 11 years and older who are not fully vaccinated. Some computers and children’s play area remain temporarily unavailable with plans to resume soon. For information go to ppld.org.
• Calhan Library, 600 Bank St., Calhan
• Cheyenne Mountain Branch Library, 1785 S. 8th St.
• East Library, 5550 N. Union Blvd.
• Fountain Library Branch, 230 S. Main St., Fountain
• High Prairie Library, 7035 Old Meridian Road, Falcon
• Library 21c, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive
• Manitou Springs Library, in the Manitou Art Center, 515 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs
• Monument Library Branch, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Drive, Monument
• Old Colorado City Library Branch, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
• Palmer Lake Library Branch, 66 Lower Glenway, Palmer Lake
• Penrose Library, 20 N. Cascade Ave.
• Rockrimmon Library Branch, 832 Village Center Drive
• Ruth Holley Library Branch, 685 N. Murray Blvd.
• Sand Creek Library Branch, 1821 S. Academy Blvd.
• Ute Pass Branch Library, 8010 Severy Ave., Cascade
CARLOTTA OLSON, THE GAZETTE